P&P: £2 UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands; £4.50 Europe; £6 RotW
Allan Richardson first sang in London folk clubs in the 1960s revival, but he underwent his own folk revival in the past decade since outgrowing the day job. He has figured on the Kent folk scene in club and concert performances and on the sorely missed Kent Folk programme on BBC Radio Kent.
Reflecting our life and times in song, Allan’s music is full of originality, combining English folk traditions with many other more modern elements. His hallmarks are humour, finely crafted lyrics, varied tunes and deftly played guitar accompaniment. For more information see his website.
This CD of Allan’s songs was originally released in 2015 and its title track is probably his best known song. This 2020 second edition includes two new songs.
- Pretty Polytunnels
- The Friend
- Insomniac’s Lament
- The Dark Girl Dressed In Blue
- The Clerical Worker’s Song
- Cruising Calypso
- Philip’s Song
- I Have No Music
- Keep The Blues Away
- Four Seasons: Prelude In Ice/For The Spring
- Four Seasons: Dog Daisy Days
- Four Seasons: Already September
- Four Seasons: The Lion In Winter
- O Carol (Let’s Sing A Door-Hymn)